Re: Unicode Stability (Was: Re: E0000 Language Tags for Some Obscure Languages)

From: UList@dfa-mail.com
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 22:37:45 CST

    But when 3.1 came out, I plunked down $2.5 million to start a project that
    depends on E0000 tags. And then just some opinion at Unicode changed about how
    the cups should be arranged on the shelf. And not even an official removal of
    the codepoints to clarify the situation, just "we really don't like them --
    you'll have to guess whether Microsoft ever actually implements them or not".

    But if I suggest any small *addition* to Unicode, I'm told it's this radically
    destabilizing concept that could never happen.

    Just an observation.