Re: Hentaigana

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai (asmodai@wxs.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 14:36:19 CST

    -On [20050304 21:32], Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
    >Sometimes it takes an initial, coherent writeup to get the attention
    >of expert reviewers that would allow the proposal to make definite
    >progress. So if there are any volunteers....

    I am learning kanji/hiragana/katakana at the moment, so I might be able to
    get some research done on this subject. I am definitely willing to do this.

    Is there an URL that explains what a proposal requires to be written
    down/researched? (Most likely another FAQ I'm asking here.)

    >PS: the fact that these are not in current everyday use is somewhat
    >immaterial - neither is Cuneiform. They do seem likely candidates
    >for the representation of historic documents etc.

    Most definitely. And apparently it is still in somewhat limited use in
    everyday Japanese life (kisoba shops for example).

    Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
    http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
    Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors...