Re: CGJ for Two Greek Ligatures?

From: UList@dfa-mail.com
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 16:51:06 CST

    How do you mean that???

    Isn't percent sign a visual "ligature" of zero-slash-zero -- regardless of any
    mathmatical implications?

    Isn't "fli" a visual "ligature" -- and absolutely nothing more than a visual
    combination of three glyphs, with no alteration in meaning?

    I'm not trying to convey anything other than a visual shape, as presented in print.

    For an obscure symbol like this, it doesn't seem appropriate to move from
    "ligature" to characterhood -- as has been accepted for the percent sign.

    How curious.