Re: UCD stability

From: Erik van der Poel (erik@vanderpoel.org)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 17:12:14 CST

    I agree, and I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was trying to
    prevent Unicode from fixing its properties. I did not mean to imply that.

    The IETF *is* concerned about the stability of the normalization table
    since that *could* be dangerous in the DNS case. I heard that Unicode
    and IETF have some kind of agreement about normalization table
    stability, but I can't seem to find it via Google right now. I did find
    the following:

    http://ietf.org/rfc/rfc3718.txt

    Unicode does publish the changes in the normalizations, so the IETF can
    decide whether or not to incorporate them in their specs:

    http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/NormalizationCorrections.txt

    Erik