Tamil 0B83: Tamil Aytham and Devanagari VisargaL

From: Avarangal (avarangal@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 00:16:00 CST

    I'm investigating Tamil Aytham is being confused with devanagari VisargaL.

    Alread UC has annuounced to correct broken Tamil Unicode implementation
    caused by mixedup definition of Aytham by UC. This fix is still filters
    through. There seems to be developers who think Aytham is VisargaL and keep
    working on this faulty definition.

    I see many developers even now understand 0B83, Aytham as VisargaL and that
    is how it is defined in the code chart.

    My question is

    1/ What is the definition of Visarga

    2/ Why Aytham is still called VisargaL?

    3/ Do I need to write about the definition of Aytham and how it may not be
    VisargaL at all.

    Please note: Any request to change will be put through normal Tamil
    channels. I'm writing this here to obtain some clarifications.

    Regards
    Sinnathurai Srivas