Re: Tamil 0B83: Tamil Aytham and Devanagari VisargaL

From: James Kass (jameskass@att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 04:26:49 CST

    James Kass wrote,

    > TAMIL LETTER VISARGA (U+0B83)

    Of course, I should have typed "TAMIL SIGN VISARGA".

    > It is because of a guarantee of stability in the standard. Once a
    > character has been named, the name should never be changed.

    And, I should have indicated that the name should never be changed
    after it has been officially published as part of the standard. That's
    one good reason why proposed additions take a while to get included --
    there's a review period for the public to catch mistakes. Catching
    mistakes before publishing is always nice...

    Best regards,

    James Kass