Re: Re: Version 4.1 of the Unicode Standard Released

From: Philippe VERDY (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 14:48:10 CST

    > De : "Kenneth Whistler" <kenw@sybase.com>
    > > I understand that a new book will not be published immediately (until
    > > Unicode 5.0?) with those additions, but or new encoded scripts and
    > > characters, we'd like to see at least a basic set of PDFs with a summary
    > > table of glyphs (and the table of names and known aliases or usages in the
    > > notes) with those additions,
    >
    > Then please refer to the new Unicode 4.1.0 charts:
    >
    > http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2D30.pdf

    Is there a chance that these new charts will be liked on the online charts page, given that the existing links already point to the updated charts for those script blocks that have been amended?

    I did not see Tifinagh listed in the Unibook chart (well I could have looked at the PDF by deducing its name from the codepoint base).

    But I had forgotten to look at this summary page:
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/
    (and its second referenced page:
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/symbols.html)
    which is not referenced from the new 4.1 page, which only links to 4.0 charts.

    I had not noticed this page before, as I had always gone through the page for each Unicode version.