Re: U+0023

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 02:53:34 CST

    On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 01:10:33 +0100, Michael Everson wrote:

    > It does suggest that the DEGREE sign is not "really" the right
    > character for the second part of the Numero sign. In my view either
    > U+1D52 or Masculine Ordinal would be preferable (if the latter has no
    > underbar, since U+02E2 has no underbar).

    I also had always assumed that the second part of the Numero sign was a
    superscript "o", which was why I was somewhat suprised to see that you use "N°"
    (N-degree) on <http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html>. There
    doesn't seem to be anything in the Unicode Standard to indicate such a usage of
    the degree sign.

    Andrew