Re: Use of U+203D (interrobang)

From: Philippe VERDY (
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 14:32:44 CST

  • Next message: Asmus Freytag: "RE: Use of U+203D (interrobang)"

    I'm not sure how we should name it in French:
    - "point d'interroclamation"
    - "point d'exclarogation?"

    Interrobang seems so much english (where the exclamation point is *sometimes* called "bang" in computer jargon used by users of some OS'es were it served as a special syntaxic mark for quoting an Unix command within Emacs)....
    Is the double !! punctuation also commonly named "bang bang"?

    That's quite a funny English name... If I had to translate the "Bang!" term according to its spelling and common meaning I would use "Pan!" french onomatopée (like in printed comics). So "interropan" would be used, and nobody would even know what it refears to.

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Fri Apr 01 2005 - 14:33:53 CST