RE: Sindhi characters proposed

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 22:37:15 CST

    > From: unicore-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicore-bounce@unicode.org]
    On
    > Behalf Of John Hudson

    > Also, how certain are we -- or can we be -- that there may not be
    other
    > potential implosive letters...

    In principle, the set of possible implosives is limited for articulatory
    reasons: they must be voiced stops. So, the number of implosives is
    limited to the number of contrastive points of articulation. I really
    doubt you'll find another language written with Devanagari script that
    has more than these four implosives.

    Peter Constable