Fwd: Linguist-Software Interaction Survey

From: Donald Z. Osborn (dzo@bisharat.net)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 19:55:13 CST

    (Forwarding this in case any on this list are interested in participating in
    this survey. Seen on the Linguist list.) DZO

    Date: 10-Apr-2005
    From: Burgel R.M. Faehndrich <faehndri@hawaii.edu>
    Subject: Linguist-Software Interaction Survey

    Dear Linguists,

    Aloha. My name is Burgel R. M. Faehndrich, and I am a Ph.D. student in the
    Department of Linguistics at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I am doing a
    research project about linguists and their interaction with computer programs,
    specifically those designed for linguists. I am doing this project for a LING
    699 course about linguists and linguistics software. The product of this survey
    will be a document describing the current situation in linguist-computer
    interaction, which may be published at some point in the future. The document
    will also contain recommendations for linguists regarding usage of computer
    program for linguistics, and recommendations for creators of software regarding
    what kinds of software are needed by linguists.

    To participate in the survey, please go to:

    http://www2.hawaii.edu/~faehndri/

    Or email me at faehndri@hawaii.edu.

    Your help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,