Re: String name and Character Name

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 13:31:53 CST

    Deprecating them would imply recommending something in their place, which we
    can't do either, since nothing else can be used in place of the name *when
    used as the formal programmatic identifier* for the character.

    But nothing stops us from adding annotations, nothing stops anyone --
    including yourself -- from providing localized names.

    Please read http://www.unicode.org/standard/stability_policy.html#Name,
    carefully.

    ‎Mark