Re: Code Point -- What is the integer?

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 22:26:23 CST

    At 02:17 PM 4/28/2005, Hans Aberg wrote:
    >At 18:43 -1000 2005/04/27, Sivakatirswami wrote:
    >>OK, so my questions are:
    >>
    >>1) is the decimal expression for the capital letter A as 65 exactly
    >>correspondent to its integer code point position in the total unicode
    >>series expressed as as a series of integers?
    >>
    >>2) How can one ascertain the integer number for a code point
    >>outside-above base ANSI?
    >
    >Unicode lacks a clear underlying mathematical model, or at least a clear
    >description of it. So here is what it should be, regardless what it
    >actually is :-):

    I think the encoding model used by Unicode is reasonably well presented in
    Unicode Technical Report #17: "Character Encoding Model"
    http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr17/. If you think that presentation should
    be improved, I invite you to file a specific suggestion using the online
    reporting form.

    A./