Re: help required

From: Frank Yung-Fong Tang (franktang@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 10:53:08 CDT

    Dear Faraz:

    The problem you are facing is not unique. Unfortunately, there are no simple
    answer to your question. Many issue in your application or other's
    application may cause problem.

    I wrote a paper last year about how to category 'garbage' and hopely next is
    a 'process' of how to identify why such 'garbage' got produce. You are
    welcome to read that paper. You can find the link about the paper as well as
    the presentation in

    http://people.netscape.com/ftang/paper/
    "Software Defect Patterns which Break Text Integrity" [v1.0 in
    html]<http://people.netscape.com/ftang/paper/unicode25/a302_v1.htm>[v1.1
    in doc <http://people.netscape.com/ftang/paper/unicode25/a302.doc>] [v1 in
    doc <http://people.netscape.com/ftang/paper/unicode25/a302_v1.doc>] [v1.1 in
    ppt <http://people.netscape.com/ftang/paper/unicode25/a302.ppt>] , The
    Twenty Fifth International Unicode Conference, Washington DC, March-April
    2004

    since Email system involve an open system and the problem can happen in
    other people's system, I don't think it is easy for you to address. Hope
    this will help though....

    And BTW, in this kind of situration, there are many WRONG ways to fix the
    problem. IF you take the WRONG way, it may looks like you fix the problem,
    but two monthes later you will find when some company make a small change,
    your whole fix just went away. So... be careful.

    --
    Frank Yung-Fong Tang 譚永鋒
    Šýšţém Årçĥîţéçţ