Re: Full Unicode Computer Keyboard

From: JFC (Jefsey) Morfin (jefsey@jefsey.com)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 16:42:02 CDT

    At 18:42 10/05/2005, Hans Aberg wrote:
    >At 15:31 +0200 2005/05/10, JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
    >> - the first one being the keyboards. With real problems since my
    >> AZERTY keyboard does not support all the legal French characters, so I
    >> must rely on the goodwill of applications to enter characters sequences
    >> correctly, what is totally impossible (how do you want a program to know
    >> that COEUR has a ligature and NOE has not).
    >
    >This last is essentially a parsing and rendering problem: If COEUR and NOE
    >can be identified by the context they are in, the correct semantic
    >information can be attached to them. This semantic information can then be
    >used to provide a correct rendering. The problems is similar to the
    >multiple uses of "-", as a number negation, and a number range which in
    >correct typesetting is rendered differently. This difference led me to the
    >notion of "input characters".

    Hi! Hans,
    Here I am lost. Context has nothing to do with hardware?

    I just say that I am quite unhappy to miss on my keyboard keys permitting
    me to properly type my own language. What is interesting me is therefore to
    study the different charsets (as defined by RFC 2277) in use and to see
    what are the industrial, economic, technical, ergonmic, etc. parameters of
    their best support for different languages. Which propositions can be made
    towards a standardisation and political decisions making this issue to be
    addressed.

    This starts with a compilation of the different charsets, aside script.txt?
    jfc