Re: ASCII and Unicode lifespan

From: JFC (Jefsey) Morfin (jefsey@jefsey.com)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 05:32:39 CDT

    At 09:55 21/05/2005, Michael Everson wrote:
    >At 09:24 -0600 2005-05-20, John H. Jenkins wrote:
    >
    >>BTW, I think where we're running aground is on the use of the term
    >>"fantasy script." I'd define that as a writing system developed
    >>initially (if not primarily) for use in a fictional universe.
    >
    >Yes, but what good is this term?

    I would suggest to use the terms "natural/artificial" scripts, to stay
    homogeneous with current ISO proposition on languages. However this rises
    the question I raise about "normé" scripts: when the idea to convey is
    additional characteristic of the script (like the example I gave: Latn for
    French but without eccentuated upper cases) would it be still the same
    natural or articial, or qualified as "normé" (in using the best English
    word I look for), or a variant?

    jfc