Re: Claudian letters

From: Jörg Knappen (knappen@uni-mainz.de)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 05:19:17 CDT

    On Mon, 30 May 2005, Ernest Cline wrote:

    > I came across by accident a Wikipedia article on the Claudian
    > letters. This inspired me to also search the list archives
    > and to make the following comments based on all of this.

    Tho the wikipedia article may be unsourced, but you can read about the
    Claudian letters in Hans Jensen, Die Schrift (in german) which is a
    scholar work and rock solid.

    An interesting question occurs: The Claudian latin letters were in use and
    dissappeared before the latin alphabet became bicameral. If they become
    encoded into UNicode (and I am sure, they should do so), what about case?

    --J"org Knappen