Re: Claudian letters

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 08:35:56 CDT

    At 12:19 +0200 2005/05/31, Jörg Knappen wrote:
    >An interesting question occurs: The Claudian latin letters were in use and
    >dissappeared before the latin alphabet became bicameral. If they become
    >encoded into UNicode (and I am sure, they should do so), what about case?

    The first question is: is it important for those
    that use these letters that they are indicated as
    the Claudian letters. It seems that this might be
    the case. The second question is then how these
    letters are used. If they are only restricted to
    some glyph-preserving quotes of the era, case
    might not be needed. If the quotes are using
    case, or if scholars are exploring these letters
    in situations where case is important, lower case
    letter might be added as well.

    --
       Hans Aberg