Re: Ligatures fi and ffi

From: Lokesh Joshi (lokeshjoshi@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 15:19:47 CDT

    Yep, to be specific GSUB and GPOS features in OTF. But the downside is that
    apart from the usage of GSUB/GPOS in complex languages as Arabic/Indic, no
    SW uses these features "liga" etc for normal text (Latin), some good support
    is there from InDesign.
     ** all Windows text editors etc use usp (uniscribe) which in turn uses
    these GSUB/GPOS for understanding and rendering ligature rules.
    Thanx
    Lokesh

    --
    Contact me @ lokeshjoshi AT gmail/yahoo/hotmail