Decomposing kelvin?

From: Theodore H. Smith (delete@elfdata.com)
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 07:35:06 CDT

     From UnicodeData.txt

    212A;KELVIN SIGN;Lu;0;L;004B;;;;N;DEGREES KELVIN;;;006B;

    The field 004B tells us, that U+212A decomposes to U+004B, correct?

    If so, then this seems wrong to me. One letter is decomposing into
    another letter? I thought decomposition had to do with combining
    chars? But there are no combining chars here.

    Also, why is the final field (Simple_Titlecase_Mapping), U+6b?
    Doesn't that mean that the titlecase maps to a lowercase? That seems
    really odd, when the lowercase and uppercase maps to itself.

    Feel free to tell me I'm wrong :) This UnicodeData.txt is hard for me
    to understand often.

    --
    http://elfdata.com/plugin/ Industrial strength string processing,
    made easy.