Re: Arabic letters separated by markup

From: Chris Jacobs (chris.jacobs@freeler.nl)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 11:36:30 CDT

    > > Should work.
    >
    > Not in any current software.

    ok. Then maybe it is time for a quick hack?

    Something like:

    Where the actual reason that the lam displays as red and the aleph as black
    is not that color tags say so but that the only available lam-aleph in the
    font happens to have a red lam with a black aleph.

    A disadvantage of quick hacks which store the same info (here the colors) in
    two different places (here in color tags and in the font name) is that the
    info tends to get out of sync. Nevertheless I think this is still
    acceptable.

    I hope those Photofonts at least have Open Type ligaturing tables. Having to
    use presentation forms just to get the coloring right would be wrong.