Re: It is easy to predict the past.

From: Tom Emerson (tree@basistech.com)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 13:43:20 CDT

    Mete Kural writes:
    > That is your opinion and I respect that. But I think the need for
    > coloring parts of an Arabic word are justifiable enough (for example
    > Arabic educational materials) that I would recommend any serious
    > implementor of Arabic script rendering to provide the
    > feature.

    I recognize the need, but question utility of complicating the
    rendering engines for *everyone* merely to support a (you have to
    admit) a relatively small subset of Arabic-script users. That's my
    point here.

    > Arabic teachers do not have the skills to customize Pango.

    Few people at all have the skills to customize Pango, or any other
    rendering engine.

        -tree

    Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com