Re: Tamil Collation vs Transliteration/Transcription Enc

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 04:21:54 CDT

    Michka,

    Deprecating 0bb6.

    There were some fiddle in handling this issue by you or someone else with
    INFITT and probably UC has to answer how this went unnoticed by UC and
    INFITT as a whole.

    If you were involved in a back door activity, or if it is a policy of
    Unicode to make this happen please say so.

    As far as Tamils are conserned, we managed to stop at waht was done and
    still keep to the Grammar, the worlds oldest written Grammar that is
    sophisticated and still survives.

    If UC's desire is to destroy this tradition and bring in changes that are
    not accepted by nearly 95% of Tamils and they want to keep it that way. I do
    not think you have the understanding of the wishes of Tamils.

    And then I said there is discussions about deprecating 0bb6, and I'm not
    sure even if Tamils wanted it they can stop UC from doing it and changing
    Tamil to theire design.

    Tamil is probably the Oldest language that is sophisticated in it's
    structure and still survives. If UC wishes to change it to their design i do
    not think Tamils will have any defence against that.

    SRivas