Coptic abbreviations

From: asadek@st-elias.com
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 11:25:05 CDT

    I'm happy Coptic has been disunified from Greek.

    Looking at the Coptic block two questions spring to mind:

    1) The "Lord" abbreviation seem to be missing its abbreviation (or contraction) bar. Should it be added to refer to the abbreviated "cois" otherwise what does U+2CEA mean? In other words, if I want to write the "Lord" abbreviation should I write U+2CEA + <contraction bar>? BTW, what is the code for the abbreviating/contraction bar?

    2) What is the difference between U+2CE9 KHI RHO and U+2627 CHI RHO (I love the use of different transcriptions: KHI/CHI!) aren't both simply Christic symbols?

    Ashraf Sadek

    --
    St Elias Coptic Community