Re: Demystifying the Politburo (was: Re: Arabic encoding model (alas, static!))

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 19:44:36 CDT

    asadek@st-elias.com wrote:

    >Only two mentions of newcomers in Mr. Whistler's long email.

    Both of which are modified by restrictive relative clauses: "newcomers
    who..." i.e. those among newcomers who are like this or that. Not
    necessarily a reference to all.

    I dunno, I was a newcomer here once--just about all of us were. And
    most of us managed to "feel welcomed" and say what we needed to.

    ~mark