Re: Right-to-Left Punctuation Problem

From: Andreas Prilop (nhtcapri@rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 08:46:00 CDT

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Adam Reisman wrote:

    > Has there ever been talk about creating a complete set of right-to-left Hebrew
    > punctuation. I'm
    > having problems with punctuation direction...or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
    > I have no problem
    > when Using MS Word, but when I type up an email in Internet Explorer, the
    > punctuation always jumps
    > to the wrong end of the sentence.

    I don't understand what you mean by "type up an email in Internet Explorer".
    Do you mean Outlook Express? Internet Explorer is a web browser, not
    an e-mail program.

    Anyway, Internet Explorer is broken in displaying bidirectional text.
    See
     http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/charset/text-direction.html
     http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/bidirectional-text.html
    for some examples where Internet Explorer is wrong and Mozilla is right.

    I suggest you try Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird with bidirectional text.