RE: Letters missing for 19th century Latvian orthography?

From: Lucans, Gunars (gunars@spss.com)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 13:49:32 CDT

    For those curious about the text fragment, it roughly translates as:

    Latvia, just as all of Russia, had to focus all of its attention toward the battlefield. Therefore perhaps some of its own farmland remained uncared for. Nonetheless one has to say that it made considerable efforts to fix up its own "stuff".

    Gunars