Re: Proposal for encoding the Vai script in the BMP

From: Richard Wordingham (richard.wordingham@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 05:29:34 CDT

    Michael Everson wrote (on 4 July 2005 -
    http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2005-m07/0047.html ):

    > N2948: Proposal for encoding the Vai script in the BMP of the UCS Michael
    > Everson, Charles Riley, and José Rivera
    > http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/n2948-vai.pdf

    This link is now broken or the file server moved, but there is another copy
    at http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2948.pdf .

    There seem to be some minor errors in Figure 1:

    1. The w~ row is labelled 'H-N' instead of 'W-N' on the right.

    2. Shouldn't the 'r-' row be in red? The section on structure implies that
    Massaquoi added it. Similarly, is the 'w~-' row meant to be a mixture of
    red and black?

    3. Should the ''ʃ~" row heading be in red?

    The matter came up because we are discussing, following from
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qalam/message/5253 (counter-snort in