Re: Strange "UTF" Charset

From: Peter R. Mueller-Roemer (pmr@cs.uni-frankfurt.de)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 11:56:45 CDT

    Tom Gewecke wrote:

    > Recently I came across a web site with the declared charset
    > "BIGFIVE_TO_UTF"
    >
    > http://cis.ntl.edu.tw/
    >
    > Apparently Win IE can display this page correctly, but no other
    > browser will.
    >
    > Does anyone know what this is?

    Under Linux Mozilla's FireFox (with UTF-8 encoding) a reasonambly
    looking page is displayed.
    With a logo and a button sisplaying some Asian font correctly, though
    probably using .gif;
    possibly & naturally it can't cope with the following source-line:

          onload="window.document.form1.reset(); window.document.form1.bor_id.focus();">

    Has anybody tried under Win Netscape, Mozilla, NVU?

    Peter MR