Re: Portuguese (Brazil) and Portuguese (Portugal)

From: info@beeplove.com
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 12:13:25 CDT

    > Hello,
    >
    > I don't speak Portuguese but I am very curious to know why Portuguese
    > (Brazil) and Portuguese (Portugal) have different unicode set. Aren't both
    > languages have all common characters (at least 95%)?

    There is only one Unicode set.

    Different nations using the same language often used different character
    sets to support different currencies, different frequencies of loan
    words and so on. This is one of the things Unicode saves us from
    worrying about.

    Hello,

    thanks for replying me.
    So, in Brazilian there have some characters don't used in Portugal. In
    Portugal, they don't use them. Other than this, all common character have
    same unicode ..right?

    Thanks,
    Mohammad Khan

    http://mail2web.com/ .