Re: [OT] Re: Missing capital H from Unicode range (see 1E96)

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 10:00:31 CDT

    Patrick Andries a écrit :
    Mark E. Shoulson a écrit :

    Here among American Jews, the Hebrew name and English name are both given by parents at birth (well, a few days later).  Some people use the same for both, transliterating the Hebrew (Yehoshua, Ariel, Binyamin), etc.  Some really do have two different names, which may or may not be related, usually phonetically.  (They may wind up really only using one of them, e.g. going by their Hebrew name in pretty much everything except legal documents).  So my (first) name, Mark, is really a pagan name in origin (devoted to Mars, I think),

    Incidentally, another very common one in countries where Jews were educated in French was Maurice (usual "prénom") and Moïse (Hebrew name).

    Easy to find "Dr. Moïse Maurice Benchitrit" , "Maurice Moise ASSAYAG", MAURICE "MOISE" MENASCHE, "Moise Levi aka Maurice Lee", etc.

    P. A.