Re: How to add stress to U+23D5 (Latin Metric) ?

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 15:04:50 CDT

    Peter Constable a écrit :

    I believe you *did* say that the stress must fall on the first breve. If that’s the case, there is no ambiguity wrt positioning of the mark.

    I did and it certainly is the case in the kind of verse given (anapest).

    Your solution, which is most probably the good one, just made me wonder if there are other kind of verses where the ictus could fall on the second breve (I doubt it).

    P. A.