Re: FW: Subj: Converting from UCS-2 to UTF-8

From: Gregg Reynolds (unicode@arabink.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 22:34:26 CDT

    Dean Harding wrote:
    > Gregg Reynolds wrote:
    >
    >>On windows, the easiest thing to do is install cygwin, which comes with
    >>a command line iconv implementation. http://www.cygwin.com/
    >

    > Wouldn't it be easier to use WideCharToMultiByte and pass in CP_UTF8 as the
    > code page identifier? No need to download 3rd party libraries then.

    Could be. I'm afraid I probably mistook the asker's goal; yesterday I
    had to do exactly the same thing - move data between SQLServer and SAS -
    but it was batch files so iconv works great. I guess he wants to embed
    some code, though, so maybe batch processing won't do.

    Anyway the secret purpose is to spread the *nix environment to windows
    via cygwin. ;)

    -gregg