Re: Representing 'Halant R' in Marathi

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 09:12:10 CDT

    On Wednesday, August 24th, 2005 13:13Z Neelesh Bodas wrote:
    > Just to complete-up the stuff - I could also do it with Zero-Width
    > Joiner after half 'r'.

    I seem to remember this is an obsolete or deprecated form (someone to
    confirm the correct status?)
    You should really stick to Eric's advise (unless there is a real problem,
    see below), since the two forms do not mix well (that is, even if they look
    like the same, they are not the same, so they do not collate the same,
    searching for one do you find the other, etc.)

    > This produced the correct eyelash 'r' ( र्‍या ).

    Only on screen.

    > As an aside, if we use the 'r' with a 'nukhta' (U+0931 ऱ) the eyelash
    > 'r' also gets a nukhta

    Buggy font or engine (this problem have already been reported).
    Please complain to your font supplier if it is repeatable in various
    environments, or to your engine supplier (depends on the graphical OS you
    are using) if it does not show except on one environment.

    Antoine