Re: VCR technical symbols?

From: Guy Steele (Guy.Steele@Sun.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 13:59:52 CDT

    Whew! It was certainly not my intention to spark a debate,
    but it has been most illuminating to this newbie, My initial
    thought was that VCR symbols might be just slightly beyond
    the pale, and I see now that there is some spread of opinion
    on this subject.

    In any case, my original question has been answered (and
    it really was just a query, not a request to add characters!).
    Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to address it.

    --Guy Steele