Re: Version 4.1 of the Unicode Standard Released

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 03:18:56 CDT

    This is a forwarded message:

    From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt>
    To: unicode@unicode.org
    Date: Saturday, April 2, 2005, 1:20:47 AM
    Subject: Version 4.1 of the Unicode Standard Released

    On 2005.03.31, 23:58, Peter Kirk <peterkirk@qaya.org> wrote:

    > I note that there has been a major revision of this page today

    Indeed it was! Congratulations to whoever made this happen! Blocks and
    their arbitrariety are becoming transparent, that is good.

    2 questions about < http://www.unicode.org/charts/index.html >:

    - Under "Other Scripts" we have Glagolitic, Osmanya and Shavian. The
    latter may be "other", but Glagolitic is not less European than Cyrillic
    is (indeed, Glagolitic is even more European), and Osmanya is clearly
    African. (They could be also under "Ancient Scripts" -- neither is more
    current than, f.i., Ogham.)

    - Isn't Ancient Greek Musical a musical notation system, rather than a
    script?

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    Estrada de Benfica, 692-c/v d.ta Não me invejo de quem tem |
    PT-1500-111 LISBOA carros, parelhas e montes |
    +351 934 821 700, +351 217 150 939 só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ a água em todas as fontes |