Re: Punctuation character (inverted interrobang) proposed

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 19:33:24 CDT

    Mark E. Shoulson a écrit :

    > Patrick Andries wrote:
    >
    >> And all this as smileys (far more frequent and sourly missing
    >> encoding) and their inverted versions are still not encoded ;-)
    >

    > Isn't that what U+263A and U+263B are? Not sure that inverted
    > versions make sense, though.

    (-; Well, surely to introduce the passage so tagged, just as inverted
    question and exclamation marks ;-) They have to be visibly different.

    For all Spanish, Galician and Guarani readers, we need to encode
    inverted U+263A and U+263B. Oops ! Forgot ;-)

    Enough. Let's wait for attestations of inverted interrobangs. Surely
    there are more urgent things to do in Unicode than to discuss this
    without attestations.

    P. A.