Re: identifying greek characters in an old book

From: John Hudson (john@tiro.ca)
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 11:06:31 CST

    Raymond Mercier wrote:

    > You need not retract what you said initially about the contraction for
    > kai (attached here). This one is well known, and will be found for
    > example in various texts reproduced in Ruth Barbour's Greek Literary
    > Hands, such as text 108 lines 4, 5, 6. There is no shortage of
    > tachygraphic abbreviations that do not look a bit like the explicit Greek.

    Thanks, Raymond. That was one abbreviation in Morgan's original post that I had trouble
    identifying: I didn't have my reference books handy, so was extrapolating from related
    forms of some abbreviations beginning with tau.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC         john@tiro.ca