Re: LAO LETTER FO SUNG... wikipedia

From: Markus Scherer (markus.icu@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 10:15:19 CST

    On 10/20/05, Edward H. Trager <ehtrager@umich.edu> wrote:
    > ( Wikipedia is wide-open. It is completely *promiscuous*. So why is it growing so fast,
    > and why is the quality of the articles consistently so high? Why isn't it just
    > full of complete nonsense? : http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2001/9/24/43858/2479 )

    Personally, I liked the few wikipedia articles that I looked up so
    far, but it's certainly vulnerable and apparently admittedly
    imperfect: See The Register "Wikipedia founder admits to serious
    quality problems"
    http://www.theregister.com/2005/10/18/wikipedia_quality_problem/

    markus

    --
    Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless
    otherwise noted.