Re: CLDR proposal: Holiday rules

From: Edward H. Trager (ehtrager@umich.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 16:38:39 CST

    Hi, Stephen,

    This sounds like a difficult project when you consider how many holidays
    in many parts of the world are based on lunar calendar calculations, and so
    on. So, although it may make sense to work with CLDR for the subset of holidays
    that can be pegged to the Gregorian Solar-based calendar, you are also going
    to need to look quite seriously at all of the calendar calculation programs
    out there. But probably you guys are already aware of this. If you are interested
    in some additional resources, email me off-list and I will try to find the
    various references on calendar stuff that I have used previously.

    - Ed