Re: ISO 15924 and differences in French names of scripts

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 12:08:45 CST

    On Wednesday, October 26, 2005 16:46Z,
    Philippe Verdy va escriure:

    > There are much enough normative
    > references about this reform approved since long.

    http://www.ign.fr/telechargement/education/donnees/pcm.pdf
    (Saint Mandé, 2004) does not seem to agree with you.

    I cannot understand how they can get it as wrong as you are implying.

    For the non-French readers, this is the report of the special commission
    from the government agency, in charge of the official spellings for world
    countries and capitals.

    Of course, it could be a matter of political fight between two or several
    institutions. So I do not pretend to have the truth on this. I am just
    trying to bring some evidence; and since it was appealed to "normative