RE: Exemplar Characters

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 12:45:14 CST

    "JR" wrote,

    > > borrowings like résumé and café? Who can say with authority?
    > It is used, but not commonly used, certainly not on the west
    > side of the pond.

    Speaking of "Religious wars", the above is incorrect. I live in San José,
    California, and the name of my city is *commonly* written with an accent.
    All the time, by ordinary people, and government. It's part of our
    heritage, and the usage is increasing all the time.

    See for example:
        City of San José: http://www.ci.san-jose.ca.us/
        San José State University: http://www.sjsu.edu/
        San José International Airport: http://www.sjc.org/