Re: ZWNJ in IDN (Burmese Issues)

From: Javier SOLA (lists@khmeros.info)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 13:10:45 CST

    Ngwe Tun,

    Correct support for the script includes, among other things, reordering
    (which -unlike in Khmer- you are now doing inside the font) and
    recognition of clusters. I believe that Uniscribe does not officially
    support Burmese, but it renders correctly clusters that are correct, as
    no script-specific functions are required. If I understand correctly, it
    will not recognise correctly clusters that are incorrect (it will not
    insert dotted circles as support for incorrect dependent characters).

    The character for separation of words should be ZWSP (Zero Width Space),
    and not ZWNJ. ZWNJ should normally be used for modification of rendering
    of clusters.

    Javier