Re: Hebrew script in IDN

From: David Starner (prosfilaes@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 15:01:30 CST

    On 11/23/05, Jony Rosenne <jr@qsm.co.il> wrote:
    > So the users are not doing anything, and the discussion does not need to
    > consider compatibility with non-existing current usage of Yiddish in IDN and
    > is free to suggest any solution, such as not allowing the ligatures.

    If we get to ignore current practices in entering the languages into
    the computer and just look at current usage in IDNs, the easiest
    solution would be not allowing any letters out of ASCII. We can't make
    up a new way for people to enter their language just for IDNs; if
    they're writing text using the ligatures, they'll expect to enter URLs
    with the ligatures.