Re: Character delta between Unicode 4.1 and 5.0

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 08:33:20 CST

    From: "Michael Everson" <everson@evertype.com>
    > Has anyone got this as a simple file, with code point and character name?

    Isn't 5.0 still beta, currently being in the final ballot process at ISO?
    That's what I can infer from http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/
    where the last liaison report from Unicode is found at
    http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/N2956.doc

    Unicode 4.1 is ISO/IEC 10646:2003 including AMD1
    But I see no firther approved ballots since AMD1, so how Unicode 5.0 could
    still exist?

    All I see is that:
    http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/N2936.pdf
    AMENDMENT 2: NKo, Phags-pa, Phoenician and other characters

    (I wonder if this is the final document, as it is labeled "Final Proposed
    Draft Amendment (FPDAM) 2")

    But it contains the list of additions that are considered beingpart of
    Unicode 5.0

    But the embedded link to get "Am2names.txt" (annex G) does not seem to work.
    You'll have to recreate that file, or may it wasdeleted accidentaly from the
    referenced URL http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/Am2names.txt