Re: CLDR: 2 vs. 4 digit years in US?

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark-lists@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 09:27:11 CST

    On 2005-12-06 16:33, Rick Cameron wrote:
    > If the former, I would say that 06/12/05 is far more common in North
    > America than 06/12/2005.

    I've noted that a majority of commercial web interfaces in the US that
    ask for expiration dates of credit cards have four-digit years, even
    though all the list entries are in the twenty-first century. IMO y2k
    caused a subtle but apparent cultural shift toward four-digit years.
    Whether it can be sustained will depend on such things as CLDR.

    Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona                 +1 909 979 6371
    Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062