Unicode file reading Problem??

From: Sajal Maity (mr.sajal@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 04:41:59 CST

    Hi All,
    I am getting problem while i am reading a unicode file using
    wistream/wifstream in VC6.VC's wchar_t doesn't support unicode character
    which is more than 2 bytes i.e. in surrogate area.My work is to read any
    type of UTF text file. I got my result using CFile in MFC. But there i used
    WideCharToMultiByte & the reverse one. But still i have some confusion
    whether those function converts properly for every UTF?

    Is there any other way to read unicode character?
    Whether UNICODE CONSORTIUM itself has any readymade functions?

    Bye...