Re: UnicodeData.txt problem

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 08:46:56 CST

    On 9 Dec 2005, at 14:38, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

    >> Copyrightable materials nowadays become automatically copyrighted,
    >> and need no copyright notice or registration from the legal point of
    >> view. [This includes this email. :-)]
    >
    > Aah, and you also have a crystal bowl which tells you who and when the
    > data has been written, haven't you...

    I merely point out that is not legally required. A lot of copyrighted
    materials do not have copyright notices, for example the photos one
    takes, etc. Check for example the BBC submissions policy, which
    clearly states that photo submissions to them do not affect the
    copyright ownerships of the material. Those concerned should of
    course put it in; others need not.

       Hans Aberg