Re: Sending file name containing unicode characters in http file download

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 22:46:19 CST

    souravm said on Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 08:37:08AM +0530,:

    > Hi All,
    >

    > I've an application which can be used for downloading file over web. Now
    > if the file name contains Unicode characters which are not in iso-8859-1
    > range, the name appearing at the browser (in the download window asking
    > for save) coming as junk.

    Which browsr is this? I guess the problem lies in the browser which is
    not able to recognise the filename.

    > This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
    > intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the
    > intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete
    > the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or
    > distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any
    > such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys
    > has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is
    > not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus
    > in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before
    > opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to
    > monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
    > e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be
    > stored on the Infosys e-mail system.

    Then, why did you send this to list? (your organisation has a means
    of recognising posts to mailing lists and not adding this nonsense to
    such mails). Please contact your sysadmins - they need to set it up
    for you.

    --
    Mahesh T. Pai
    REVOLUTION, n. An abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.