Sending file name containing unicode characters in http file download

From: souravm (SOURAVM@infosys.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 21:07:08 CST

    Hi All,

    I've an application which can be used for downloading file over web. Now
    if the file name contains Unicode characters which are not in iso-8859-1
    range, the name appearing at the browser (in the download window asking
    for save) coming as junk.

    I'm passing the fine name through http header by setting the filename
    parameter. The code is written in JSP.

    In this context I need to know following things -

    1. As I was aware through http header one cannot send non
    iso-8859-1 characters. Is this problem happening due to the same reason
    ?
    2. If the answer to above Qs is yes, the what is the solution/work
    around for downloading a file having name with Unicode characters which
    are not in iso-8859-1 range in http file download ?

    Any input/pointer would be highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Sourav